- Ensuring Global Sustainability Leadership: Central Pattana has secured its position as a member of the DJSI World in the Real Estate category for the 6th consecutive year. Additionally, it maintains its position in the DJSI Emerging Markets for the 10th consecutive year. Moreover, it remains a member of the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook for the 6th consecutive year, achieving the highest score ranked 1st according to S&P Global's sustainability ranking, or Top 1% S&P Global CSA Score.
- Reflecting the vision of ‘imagining better futures for all’ and a strong business model as 'The Ecosystem for All,' along with conducting business in the role of 'Place Maker,' developing areas beyond shopping centers, enhancing quality of life, nurturing communities, and the environment, and driving sustainable economic growth for the country.
Bangkok – Central Pattana plc, Thailand’s leading real estate developer for sustainability and operator of Central shopping centers, residential projects, office buildings and hotels nationwide, is highlighting its leadership in becoming the number one global sustainable organization after being listed as the top Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) member for Real Estate Management & Development in the Sustainability Yearbook 2024 by S&P Global. Central Pattana has been listed as a member of DJSI World for six consecutive years, a member of DJSI Emerging Markets for ten consecutive years, and a member of the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook for six consecutive years.
Ms. Wallaya Chirathivat, President & CEO, Central Pattana plc, said: “Central Pattana is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand with the highest corporate value in the real estate category and has continuously been selected to be in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). Central Pattana is proud to represent Thailand as a Thai company that is internationally recognized that reflects the policies and guidelines of Thailand, and aims to be part of the global community in driving sustainability in every aspect. This year, Central Pattana is listed as the top-ranked DJSI member globally in the Real Estate Management & Development industry. This reinforces the strengths of our company – adhering to ESG principles in our business management and the success of ‘The Ecosystem for All’ business model. ESG principles have not only strengthened the shopping center business, but also our community malls, residences, office buildings, and hotels nationwide. We are developing each aspect to ensure that they are connected to create ‘Seamless Synergy’ and link with business partners, people, community, society and the environment.”
“In our vision of ‘Imagining Better Futures for All’, Central Pattana places great importance on the term ‘Better Futures’, which means the sustainability of people’s quality of life. In the role of ‘Place Maker’, we are committed to developing real estate projects in both major and secondary cities to help distribute income and reduce inequality while creating multiple impacts that contribute to the economy and progress of our country – a mission we’ve upheld for the past 44 years,” Ms. Wallaya said.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) select ‘global, sustainable stocks’ and lists the securities indices of world-leading companies that are outstanding in their business operations and focus mainly on sustainability. The sustainability assessment is conducted and ranked annually by S&P Global based on economic, social and environmental indicators following sustainable business development guidelines. Institutional investors worldwide recognize and use this information for investment purposes. Institutional investors and funds globally express interest in investing in DJSI members, with a total investment value exceeding US$5 billion. In 2023, 9,400 companies worldwide participated in the assessment.
Central Pattana operates its businesses using a key strategy to create a strong ‘Sustainable Ecosystem’ based on a Customer-Centric approach to ensure we meet the needs of every customer lifestyle. The company focuses on all partners working together as ‘Partner Champions’ to encourage mutual growth. Central Pattana has stepped up to become a global top company in sustainability through the achievement of three goals as follows:
- Planet: Journey to Net Zero 2050 – Committed to pursuing the goal of ‘Journey to Net Zero 2050’ in order to reduce the impact of climate change, Central Pattana ensures that its real estate development follows the guidelines for energy-saving buildings or ‘Green Buildings’. As a result, Central Pattana has received 45 awards from Thailand Energy Awards, 17 awards from MEA Energy Awards, and 13 awards at ASEAN level, Additionally, the company has received three certificates of Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED). Recently, The company received the LEED ‘Gold’ certification for centralwOrld Offices, attributed to a reduction in energy use and an overall carbon footprint reduction by 19.3% compared to 2019. Futuremore, Central Pattana has expanded the installation of solar rooftops on its shopping center buildings to a total of 26 locations and has installed 15 recycling shops that allow communities to contribute to environmental conservation. Waste management practices are based on ‘circular economy’ principles, leading to a reduction in landfill waste by more than 31,000 tons. Moreover, 400 EV charging slots have been installed at charging stations in 40 shopping centers across 19 provinces nationwide, offering special privileges. Central Pattana remains committed to developing energy-saving measures to achieve Science Based Targets initiatives (SBTi).
- People: We enhance the quality of life for people and communities nationwide (‘local wealth’) by creating community centers that create wealth in addition to bringing economic, cultural and environmental stability. Central Pattana has supported sales space areas for local communities, farmers and SMEs such as the Royal Project, Jai Jai Farmer Market and OTOP products generate a total income of 411 million baht. and support the operations of government agencies in the fields of public health, sports, arts and culture, passport offices, mobile blood donation units, and provincial-level blood donation centers, totaling 15 million CCs, comprising over 1,650 activities of shopping centers. We support local communities through procurement and contracting worth more than 5.3 billion baht. Furthermore, in collaboration with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), we are joining forces to build a Sustainable Tourism Ecosystem through the "GO LOCAL, LOVE LOCAL" campaign, promoting tourism throughout Thailand to distribute income to local areas.
- Place: Synergy for new solutions – we collaborate with business partners and retailers to enhance comprehensive living through retail-led, mixed-use developments that offer convenience and reduce social inequality at the regional level. We have provided community services for a total of 4 million people and conducted business responsibly based on good governance, ethics, and a commitment to being corruption-free, respecting human rights, and focusing seriously on reducing impacts for all relevant parties. We have implemented risk management and safety measures while maintaining the privacy of personal information. Additionally, Central Pattana has rolled out its five-year investment plan worth 120 billion baht in real estate development and digital platforms. This initiative will drive economy growth, enhance prosperity for local communities, creating societal value through business processes, and generate jobs and sustainable long-term income, ultimately improving the wellbeing and sustainability of people in the country.
For more information, please visit: Central Pattana Facebook Fanpage
#CentralPattana #Imaginingbetterfuturesforall #centralwOrld #เซ็นทรัลพัฒนา #เซ็นทรัลเวิลด์