- To settle ‘New Retail Norm’ in response to ‘New Normal’ lifestyle of consumer behaviors’ changes; rolling out ‘5 Core Ideas’ of hygiene and safety standard with around 75 measures to implement in its shopping centers nationwide as well as tenant stores
- Firmly believe in the government and relevant authorities’ implementation plan of public health which was acknowledged worldwide
- The re-opening date of shopping centers will strictly comply with the government’s mandate
Bangkok (21 April 2020) – Central Pattana Plc., the operator and developer of Thailand’s leading shopping centers under the brands of Central World, CentralPlaza, CentralFestival, Central Phuket and Central Village, announces its master plan of ‘Central’s Hygiene and Safety’ to take hygienic standards and preventive measures to the new level which will later set a new retail standard and ‘New Normal’ of social norm. The plan is open for a general use for the best interest of the country. Also, the company reaffirms its intention to encourage people to stay home, stop the spread of the virus for the sake of the nation. However, if people still need to go buying essential products, they can rest assured in the highest standard of hygiene and safety of the shopping centers.
Ms. Wallaya Chirathivat, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Central Pattana Plc. said “Despite some uncertainty of the current COVID-19 situation, the company is deeply concerned and has been proactively pioneering a master plan of ‘Central’s Hygiene and Safety’, the highest hygienic and safety standard to implement in our shopping centers, stores and employees to help curb the spread of the pandemic and to ensure everyone’s highest safety at our shopping centers. In response to this ‘new normal’ of changing of consumer behavior facing the pandemic, this master plan is open as guideline for general use for the best interest of the nation to hereafter set a new retail and social norm. ‘Central’s Hygiene and Safety Master Plan’ covers five key core ideas with more than 75 measures including (1) Extra Screening; (2) Social Distancing; (3) Safety Tracking; (4) Extra Cleaning; and (5) Touchless Experience. We will seek the cooperation from all tenant partners to follow the master plan of ‘Central’s Hygiene & Safety’ to weather this crisis together”
“Central Pattana has been fully cooperating with the government’s mandates as well as encouraging social distancing which have been widely and positively talked about in social media and by reports from many news agencies worldwide. We also have been encouraging people to stay home, stop the spread of the virus for the sake of the nation. Nevertheless, for those who need to buy some essential products, we have been performing our stringent hygienic measures to ensure the safety of all. We firmly believe in the relevant authorities especially Ministry of Health which has been acknowledged worldwide. In the midst of this uncertainty, the re-opening of our shopping centers will be strictly in compliance with government’s mandate” Ms. Wallaya added.
Five core ideas of ‘Central Hygiene and Safety Master Plan’ are:
- Extra Screening: Everyone must measure body temperature before entering the shopping centers and stores; Everyone must wear face masks at all times; Staffs who work closely with customers are required to wear face shields and gloves; Additional measures will be applied for delivery staffs
- Social Distancing: Restrict the number of customers allowed at a time as for shopping centers allowing 1 person per 5 square meters and as for shops and common areas as elevators-escalators-bathrooms, 1-2 meters distance is required; Arrange a queuing system and waiting area for the stores and delivery staffs; Apply 5 Shields: Face Shield / Food Shield / Table Shield / Counter Shield / Cashier Shield; Increase awareness and emphasize practical guidelines to everyone
- Safety Tracking: Track employees’ health and travel records for the past 14 days prior to the re-opening and before starting work each day; For takeaway food, the name and temperature of the food providers must be labeled on the package
- Extra Cleaning: Clean every touch point every 30 minutes in the shopping centers and stores; Use disinfectant solution after shopping centers close and implement a ‘Big Cleaning’ every week; Provide a disinfectant spraying service on shopping bags before leaving; Clean all food center card and parking card; Special measures for family lounge, prayer room, fitting rooms, classrooms and clean every equipment before and after use
- Touchless Experience: Encourage Cashless and E-payments; Provide coins bag at the cashiers; Assign doormen; Assign staffs to press the elevator for customers (Buttonless)
In the meantime, the company will provide and facilitate people to live their normal daily life with 4 services to meet the ‘New Normal, New Lifestyle’ in response to the changes of customer behaviors during this situation. The services include (1) ‘One Call, One Click’ by dialing Tel. 02-021-9999 or adding LINE Official Account: @centrallife; (2) Drive Thru Service; (3) Central Eats, via Grab Food and (4) Food Delivery & Food Pick Up Counter. All services are strictly operated under the highest standard of ‘Central’s Hygiene and Safety’.