Thailand’s First Luxury Outlet ‘Central Village’
opens for the first day
- Convenient with parking space for 1,500 vehicles
- A luxury outlet that brings former collection items from well-known brands and offers discounts of 35-70% everyday – no need to wait for seasonal sales
Bangkok – Central Pattana Plc. (CPN) opens Thailand’s first international luxury outlet, ‘Central Village’, for its first day. The company appreciates all of sincere encouragement and support for the project, which CPN deliberately developed with both high standards and professionalism. We will provide convenience for everyone the best that we can. All are invited to shop and enjoy at our outlet which is the pride of Thai people. Meet the highlight of former collections from well-known brands with 35-70% in discounts daily from 10.00-22.00 hrs.
Ms. Wallaya Chirathivat, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of CPN said: “CPN would like to express gratitude to everyone for your encouragement and support given to the project. The company and over 150 global partner brands have dedicated our body and soul to create Central Village, Thailand’s international luxury outlet with the effort of Thais. We are now showing the world that Bangkok and Thailand are ready to become a world-class tourism destination and a complete shopping paradise for every lifestyle of Southeast Asia.”
Customers can visit Central Village conveniently through the following choices:
- Free shuttlebus service from centralwOrld, available three times a day: 11.00, 15.00 and 19.00 hrs. and from the bus stop at Udomsuk BTS Station, which is available five times daily:10.00, 12.30,15.00, 18.00 and 20.30 hrs. For the opening period (31 Aug-8 Sep 2019), the service is also available at CentralPlaza Bangna (Near KFC), the shuttlebus will leave every hour from 10.00-20.00 hrs.
- Public transport (BTS skytrain- Airport Rail Link-Bus): Conveniently travel with BTS and get off at Udomsuk BTS Station, use Exit 1, 3 or 5 and then take the shuttlebus to the project; Airport Rail Link: get off at Suvarnabhumi Station and get a taxi or if you travel by bus no. 558 (Suvarnabhumi Airport - CentralPlaza Rama II), get off at the Krirk Institute and walk 450 meters.
- Personal vehicle: head to Suvarnabhumi Airport and take Highway No. 370. The project provides parking spaces for 1,500 vehicles. Free parking at CentralPlaza Bangna for 600 vehicles from 31 Aug-8 Sep 2019
- GRAB: enjoy special promotions from 31 Aug-30 Sep 2019 when using GrabCar Premium and SUV to go and return from centralwOrld or Central Village at the price of 450 baht per ride, simply add the code SVB450; or use GrabCar Luxe to go and return from centralwOrld or Central Village, and get a 300 baht discount per ride by using the SVB300 code (*limited discount code usage per day).
Under the concept of ‘Bangkok Luxury Outlet’, Central Village is gathering together stores and well-known brands offering affordable prices within reach for everyone, with special discounts of 35-70% daily. There are over 150 stores of global brands and a majority of brands will have their first outlet shop in Thailand at Central Village. Over 60 brands have chosen to open their ‘Exclusive Outlet Store’ only at Central Village. Some of the highlighted brands are such as Club 21 (Outlet by Club 21), Calvin Klein, Carnival, Ducati, Etro, Kloset Etcetera, Victoria’s Secret, Ermenegildo Zegna, Lacoste, Max & Co., Michael Kors, Kenneth Cole, Keds, L’Oreal Luxe, Adidas, Under Armour, Puma, Skechers, Superdry, Samsonite, Toys R Us, Home & Living, etc. Other well-known brands such as Chloé, Salvatore Ferragamo, COACH, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Kate Spade will open gradually at Central Village.
In addition, there are tourists’ favorite Thai brands such as Jim Thompson, Naraya and our Thai Pavilion and Village Square zones which will gather together best local Thai-modern products that will interchangeably showcase throughout the year. This will help promote and upgrade the quality of Thai products to the world as visitors will be walking in a modern Thai shopping atmosphere but where Thai-style roof gable decorations can be seen. The zone is decorated in Thai style and is divided into the form of villages in combination with a green area, which will help to establish this new sensation for Bangkok as one of the world-class shopping destinations.
Ms. Wallaya says that on the opening day, CPN is fully ready to facilitate and service with parking spaces for 1,500 vehicles; a secondary parking area has been prepared. Over 75% of a total of 150 stores are ready for their opening and it is expected that over 20,000 customers will visit Central Village on the first day; regular customer traffic is estimated at 17,000 people per day. A large number of customers have visited to shop and be there on the opening day and it is expected they will love the concept of the project, which glorifies the identity of Thailand – unique to the world.
“Now that Thailand has its own ‘Luxury Outlet’, it is able to compete with leading countries around the world with the attraction of drawing frequent visitors (weekend travelers) to shop in Thailand more frequently – especially Southeast Asian and Chinese customers who can easily visit Thailand with a short flight of 1-2 hours. It is expected that their travel frequency may increase from once a year to 2-4 times per year. For Thai customers, Central Village aims to change their ‘Shopping Journey’ from “Waiting for the sales” to “If I want it, I’ll get it” because shopping here is as affordable as shopping overseas. Thai shoppers no longer need to fly to shop at overseas outlets. It is expected that Central Village will generate 20 billion baht in cash flow annually within the country, or 25% of the total amount of 80 billion baht that Thai people spend on shopping overseas each year,” Ms. Wallaya added.
Central Village is unique from other outlets around the world with its ‘Beyond Experience’ concept and the expertise of CPN. In addition to the unique and ‘only-one-in-the-world’ modern Thai design, there are the charms of the Thai way of life presented in the form of ‘Outdoor Experience’ through the shade of the trees, a green area, fountain, modern art features and photo shoot points. Fashion, art and contemporary cultural activities will be held throughout the year. It is believed that Central Village will become another check-in point on the ‘Travel Checklist’ of tourists from around the world and it will entice Thai customers who love branded products at affordable prices.
Central Village aims to become a new ‘Center of Life’ to accomodate the lifestyles of Bangkok residents who live around Sukhumvit, Bangna, Ladkrabang and Samut Prakan with popular restaurants such as Fuji, Laem Charoen, Café Amazon, MK Restaurant, Starbucks, Cha Tra Mue, Swensen’s, Laos-Yuan Restaurant, Sushi Hiro, Bonchon and Krispy Kreme. We also have a large parking area and high standard of bathrooms. We are confident that we can deliver an impressive experience for both our Thai and foreign customers.