Bangkok, 30 November 2021 - Warm wishes from the heart can create endless smiles. This year, the 12th Million Gifts Million Smiles project returns, organized by Central Group in partnership with the Royal Thai Army and Equitable Education Fund (EEF) for the occasion of the New Year and National Children’s Day 2022. Thai people are invited to send love to children in three southernmost provinces through three main channels: supporting scholarships for underprivileged children, sending gifts at donation points, and purchasing Warbie Yama dolls and keychains, to send happiness and support to children during the COVID-19 situation. Contributions can be made from today onwards.
Busaba Chirathivat, Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications of Central Group, said that while the COVID-19 situation seems to be getting better, the economic and mental challenges still remain as many are unable to return to their pre-COVID lives, especially children whose parents have been affected by the pandemic. Central Group is committed to continuing its mission to spread happiness through gifts during the New Year and Children’s Day. This year, Central Group partners with the Royal Thai Army and EEF to continue the 12th edition of the Million Gifts Million Smiles project with the concept “FROM THE HEARTS TO THE SMILES”. There are three themes of giving: Pay it Forward, Give it Forward and Share it Forward, to add options for those who want to spread their love, warm wishes and care to children, so that they grow up to be high quality adults who appreciate the beauty of giving.
Central Group invites Thai people, government entities, private sectors, and partners to give gifts to children under the 12th Million Gifts Million Smiles project. These gifts include bicycles, school supplies, sport equipment, stationery items, and educational toys, and will be given to children residing in the three southernmost provinces: Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat as well as Tak, to bring happiness and smiles during the New Year and Children’s Day 2022. There are three main channels:
- Pay it Forward: Spread happiness by supporting scholarships for underprivileged children through the Equitable Education Fund (EEF), 2,500 baht per scholarship, at www.tham-dee.com/projects/scholarship. The donations are tax deductible.
- Give it Forward: Send gifts to create smiles.
- Support the project by making e-donations, QR code payment via CENPAY, donating The 1 points to be a gift starting at 10 points today until 28 December 2021, Thamdee Crowdfund Site, donating to Tiang Chirathivat Foundation account, Bangkok Bank, Silom Branch, account number 118-0-58203-1, or donating directly at donation boxes at 168 information counters, cashiers and redemption counters at Central Department Stores nationwide from today to 15 January 2022.
- Sending gifts at gift donation points at centralwOrld.
- Eden 2 Zone in front of PAUL on the 2nd floor from today to 13 December 2021.
- Next to Uniqlo on the 4th floor during 14-28 December 2021.
- Sending gifts directly at WHA Warehouse on Bangna Trat KM20 Road during 1-30 December 2021 at 9 A.M- 5 P.M.
- Share it Forward: Share your warm wishes by purchasing Warbie Yama dolls and key chains in a special collection, designed by artist “North” Arut Tantasirin, available for purchase at information counters and online at centraltham.com, tham-dee.com and good goods store. Proceeds after expenses will be donated to the Million Gifts Million Smiles project through the Tiang Chirathivat Foundation.
Dr. Prasan Trairatworakul, President of the Equitable Education Fund (EEF), said that surveys have shown that the COVID-19 situation has resulted in 10 percent of children leaving the education system in this new school year. Informal debts are also rising as many families have to take out loans to enable their children to learn online. Some families lack a reliable source of income. Over the past years, many children have suddenly fallen into poverty, and their household income has fallen to 1,094 baht per person per month. The number of orphans has also increased, especially in Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala. Scholarships will ensure that children stay in the education system and help relieve financial burdens of their families. This will allow them to go to school and have enough money to cover transport and food expenses without their parents shouldering the costs. As a result, their families can have a better quality of life.
Maj.Gen. Supasit Chittuam, Director of Pychological Office, Directorate of Civil Affairs, said that the Royal Thai Army has joined Central Group in the Million Gifts Million Smiles project for 12 years. Over the years, the Royal Thai Army has recognized Central Group’s determination and dedication in spreading happiness and smiles to people, especially children in the Deep South. This is in line with the Royal Thai Army’s mission to help and support Thai people in every situation. The gift caravan that the Royal Thai Army is bringing to communities this year will help children, who are the future of our country, grow up to be quality adults who will drive our nation forward.
Take part in spreading happiness and care to bring smiles to children in three southernmost provinces and Tak province by sending new gifts through the 12th edition of Million Gifts Million Smiles project. For more information, please contact 02 100 9794, visit Facebook Fanpage CENTRALGROUPThailand or Official Instagram CENTRAL GROUP.