- Imagining Better Futures for All, Central Pattana is ranked top for Best CEO, Best CFO and Best IR (Investor Relations) and ranked second for Best ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) in the 2021 Asian rankings excluding Mainland China and Japan by US-based business publisher Institutional Investor.
- Central Pattana is committed to creating good things and sustainable future for all stakeholders, including customers, tenants, employees, shareholders, community and country.
- The company aims to boost confidence of investors with efficient and flexible operations under the principles of sustainability, good governance, and social and environmental responsibility.
Bangkok – Central Pattana plc. (CPN), operator of centralwOrld, CentralPlaza and CentralFestival shopping centers, Central Phuket and Thailand’s first luxury outlet Central Village, has won four of the prestigious Institutional Investor’s 2021 All-Asia Executive Team: Rest of Asia (Asia ex-Mainland China) awards. Central Pattana is ranked top for Best CEO, Best CFO and Best IR (Investor Relations) and is ranked second for Best ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) for the Asian region excluding Mainland China and Japan in the Sell-Side category and Property sector.
Institutional Investor is a globally-renowned US-based business media which publishes premium journalism, newsletters and research. Its All-Asia Executive Team award programme analyses scores and opinions of over 4,000 analysts and investors from both the sell and buy sides in 18 business groups. Companies are rated for business leadership, operational strategy, transparent financial information, investor relations services and communications, COVID-19 management in regards to all stakeholders, and environmental, social and governance development criteria.
Mr. Preecha Ekkunagul, President and Chief Executive Officer of Central Pattana plc., said, “We consider these awards a proof success for all of Central Pattana executives and employees. Although the COVID-19 crisis has posted a great challenge, we have remained strong in uniting with all stakeholders to handle the situation. We value our customers, tenants, shareholders, employees, society and community, and are ready to join forces with all parties to drive the economy and country forward. On this occasion, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to all investors and analysts for their trust and support for Central Pattana. I also would like to thank all staff members for their dedication and determination to drive the organisation and create the best things for all involved.”
Central Pattana implements a leadership strategy to build confidence for various stakeholders in the following ways:
- For customers: Central Pattana ensures that its shopping centers are safe and clean spaces under the master plan Central Hygiene & Safety. The company strives to create new norms for the society which will help alleviate the pandemic situation. It has continually upgraded its measures to be relevant to new circumstances. It has created new services to cater to customers while serving its tenants through the Central Connect platform that integrates all online and offline services, such as Chat & Shop via the Line account @CentralLife, One Call x One Click, Drive Thru, and CENTRAL EAT via Grab Food.
- For tenant partners: Central Pattana has helped over 15,000 partners and entrepreneurs all over the country with a ‘360-degree’ assistance. The company was the first in the country to reduce rental fees and provide support in according to the situation. It has also helped tenants increase their liquidity and access rehabilitation loans from seven leading partner banks. The company has launched campaigns to boost sales of shops in all categories and opened new platforms including CRM Tool and an application with a full range of services.
- For shareholders: Central Pattana is the only Thai real estate business listed on the DJSI World for three consecutive years. It has built a reputation for efficiency in cost and expense management, while maintaining a strong capital structure and investing for long-term growth and returns. Central Pattana continues to move forward with its new project development, including Central Ayutthaya, Central Si Racha, Central Chanthaburi, and Dusit Central Park.
- For employees: Central Pattana focuses on safety and hygiene of its employees. The company provides health insurance plans covering COVID-19 and implements a flexible work-from-home scheme which helps retain jobs and incomes of staff members. The Company encourages its employees to be global citizens with local spirit and promotes equality and diversity, aiming to be the best workplace where well-being is enhanced by modern technology.
- For the community and country: Central Pattana has been helping SME entrepreneurs, farmers and other groups of people who are affected by the pandemic. It has launched solid measures to help drive the Thai economy by supporting domestic consumption, shopping and travel. In the long run, it aims to upgrade SME products and Thai tourism sector. To help the country fight the COVID-19 crisis, Central Pattana has created a model for safe shopping centers and turned 23 Central shopping centers with a total area of 40,000 square meters into vaccination venues, utilising the strength of Central shopping centers and their closeness to the communities. It has also joined forces with the Central Group and other partners to implement public health initiatives and joined the Journey to Zero project to become a model organisation in waste management. In addition, it has installed water recycling systems and solar rooftops in its shopping centers to save energy, reduce carbon emission, and protect the environment.
Ms. Naparat Sriwanvit, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Executive Vice President, Finance, Accounting and Risk Management of Central Pattana plc., said, “The company is determined to build confidence of investors in the economy and investments. We focus on prudent financial management and investment plans in according to the situation, while adhering to the principles of business sustainability, good governance, and social and environmental responsibility. The 2021 All-Asia Executive Team awards are another indicator of our successes in business performance, transparent and effective communication with investors, and ability to gain trust from all stakeholders. We would like to thank all investors and analysts for their confidence in Central Pattana and our operations. The achievement will inspire us to strive and succeed.”
Central Pattana currently operates 34 shopping centers, 15 of which are in the Greater Bangkok area, 18 in other provinces and one in Malaysia, 30 food courts, 10 office buildings, two hotels, and 15 residential projects, which are condominiums under the brands ESCENT, ESCENT VILLE, ESCENT PARK VILLE, PHYLL PAHOL 34 and BELLE GRAND RAMA 9, horizontal projects under the brands ESCENT TOWN PHITSANULOK (a townhome project), NINYA KALLAPAPRUEK (a twin-home project), NIYHAM BOROMRATCHACHONNANI (a luxury single-house project), the newly launched single-house brand NIRATI in Chiang Rai and Bang Na.