Bangkok, May 19, 2021: As COVID-19 continues to spread in Thailand and causes stress on our society, economy and communities, it is important for all Thai people to unite and get through it together. Central Group has maximized the capability of its businesses nationwide and integrated solidified power to support the government by serving as a vaccination distributing center and role model in effective vaccination venues. At the same time, Central Group has offered support to Thai people through providing funds, medical supplies, medicines, necessities, food and beverages, and other products for all parties, such as healthcare professionals, hospitals, customers, partners, communities, employees, and those affected by the situation, so that we can all get through the crisis together.
Pichai Chirathivat, Executive Director of Central Group, said that since the new wave of COVID-19 began, Central Group and its affiliates have actively joined forces with other parties to offer assistance to those affected directly or indirectly by the pandemic. The assistance is worth more than 30 million baht in total and is done through cooperation among its affiliates throughout the country. Recently, Central Group has worked with private and public organizations such as the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Thai Retailer Association, to support vaccination and vaccine distribution, to assure Thai people that we can all be safe and get through this crisis soon.
In providing vaccination locations and vaccine distribution, Central Group, led by Central Pattana Public Company Limited and Central Retail Corporation Public Company Limited, has offered 144 locations at its shopping centers and department stores nationwide, in partnership with the Thai Chamber of Commerce and direct collaboration with each province’s governor. This will help facilitate the government in ensuring fast and extensive vaccination to create herd immunity in Thailand. Today, 20 locations have been approved (as of May 19, 2021), and trial service has begun at Central Ladprao for Bangkok, soon to be followed by four other locations namely Central Pinklao, Robinson Lifestyle Ladkrabang, centralwOrld, and Central Festival Eastville. Central Group offers vaccination locations, volunteer employees, computers and other tools, accommodations for medical workers, and food and beverages, worth 11.6 million baht in total (during May - July). Additionally, Central Group has received support from its partner AIS to set up LAN and Internet systems for registration and verification for those who come to get vaccinated. There is also free WiFi at all locations where vaccination is offered. Meanwhile, Central Group has also worked with each province’s governor to facilitate vaccination alongside Bangkok. Vaccination has already begun at Central Samui and Central Rayong, and Central Phuket has carried out a vaccination programme for employees and shop workers.
Unifying forces with affiliates and partners to fight COVID-19
As the 3rd wave of COVID-19 spread in Thailand in full force, Central Group has stood by Thai people’s side and offered support by joining forces with partners from various sectors, acting as a central stream of kindness.
- Central Group has continued its Help Thai Fight COVID-19 initiative, inviting people to raise funds to support the prevention of COVID-19 in Thailand by Thai doctors for Thai people. Donations are made through its businesses, and Central Group has donated additional 8 million baht, on top of the 2 million baht raised from the public, network members and business partners during March to May, a total of which is 10 million baht. The donation is given to Siriraj Hospital, Ramathibodi Hospital, and Chulalongkorn Hospital through the Medical Association of Thailand.
- Central Group offered 2 million baht for respirators and 1 million baht for Favipiravir to Chulabhorn Institute and the Medical Association of Thailand.
- Central Group provided 500,000 baht for negative pressure units at HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Medical Center.
- Central Group and its affiliates have collectively offered food and necessities to healthcare professionals in 14 hospitals, worth 3.4 million baht.
- 1 million baht donation to the Chaipattana Foundation's Responsive Actions to COVID-19 (and other epidemics).
- Medical tools, consumer goods, and necessities were offered to field hospitals, provincial hospitals, and healthcare centers in seven provinces, worth 920,000 baht.
- Central Group offered 15 computers to support Chula Teleclinic virtual diagnosis service by Chulalongkorn University to assess conditions and make appointments online to minimize the risk of visiting the hospital. The computers are worth 500,000 baht.
- Central Department Store and Robinson Department Store donated 500 cardboard beds to the Ministry of Public Health, worth 500,000 baht.
- Central Restaurants Group (CRG) offered meals to healthcare professionals at seven hospitals from its seven restaurant brands, and also provided meals to healthcare professionals at Central Group’s vaccination locations, worth 1.1 million baht in total.
- Tops and FamilyMart provided food, necessities and healthcare products to Thammasat Field Hospital and Khlong Toey Community, worth 400,000 baht in total.
- Thai Watsadu gave alcohol sanitizers and 3 million ml. to the Ministry of Public Health, hospitals, and health centers in control areas, and 15 electric fans and other necessities at Central Group’s vaccination sites, worth 450,000 baht in total.
- JD Central provided surgical masks, hand sanitizers, tissue papers and tote bags for Khlong Toey community members, worth 100,000 baht.
- Centara Hotel Ladprao offered free accommodation to healthcare professionals who offered vaccination service to the public at Central Ladprao, valued at 3.7 million baht.
- OfficeMate donated supplies for non-hospital vaccination points at Central Group locations, worth 2.7 million baht.
- Jing Jai Farmers’ Market CHiang Mai by Central Group donated 76 sets of 3.5ft steel beds and mattresses, worth 54,000 baht, to facilitate patients at Chiang Mai’s field hospital.
- Central Pattana and Central Retail have joined forces with SCG to set up 149 cardboard box donation points at its malls and stores nationwide to be used for producing field hospital beds for COVID-19 patients. Central Retail also donated additional cardboard boxes to be recycled into 6,000 field hospital beds.
- Central Pattana provided locations for blood donation in partnership with the National Blood Service Center, Thai Red Cross. Central Pattana also partnered with 24 private organizations to offer medical supplies, food, drinks and necessities to seven major hospitals and field hospitals for COVID-19 patients.
Central Group and its affiliates are committed to their position as a role model in maintaining the highest level of safety and cleanliness to offer reassurance to customers at their stores and online. We support everyone in Thailand to get through this crisis with strength and unity, and one day things will return to normal once again.