OPEN HOUSE, a community living space on Level 6 of Central Embassy, has won the 2019 International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) VIVA Award in Retail Design. This success comes after OPEN HOUSE had last year won the Gold Prize under the Retail Concept category in the 2018 ICSC Asia Pacific Shopping Center Awards.
Among four winners worldwide in design and development, retail design and global marketing, OPEN HOUSE is the only winner from Asia in the retail design category this year. The award ceremony was held on May 19th, 2019 in Las Vegas, USA. The awards were judged by panels of industry professionals and presented during a ceremony at RECon, the world’s largest retail real estate convention, hosted annually by ICSC in Las Vegas.
The ICSC’s VIVA award stands for Vision, Innovation, Value and Achievement, and is an acknowledgment that OPEN HOUSE clearly demonstrates a significant contribution to retail estate and retail design.
Barom Bhicharnchitr, managing director of Central Embassy, said: “It is an honour for Central Embassy, and for OPEN HOUSE, to receive this prestigious award. For everyone who has involved in the creation of OPEN HOUSE, this is the most significant recognition. Central Embassy has from its opening day under the concept of One Life, Infinite Possibilities become a retail beacon in Bangkok, an iconic fashion and lifestyle destination for our valued customers both in the local communities and for those from overseas.”
Located 50 metres above the city streets of Bangkok, this 7,000 square metre oasis sits atop Central Embassy’s eight-level retail podium and directly below the Park Hyatt Hotel. Klein Dytham architecture (KDa), designer of OPEN HOUSE, has filled this large space with greenery and natural light, creating an air of ease and tranquillity. A seamless connectivity links the restaurants and cafes, dining areas, shops, lounges, art gallery, design shop, co-working area, playgrounds and a cinema, forming one harmonious space.
About the ICSC VIVA Awards programme:
The VIVA (Vision, Innovation, Value, Achievement) Best-of-the-Best Awards honours the most outstanding examples of shopping centre design and development, sustainability, marketing, and community service worldwide.
All gold winners in ICSC's regional awards programmes are automatically entered into the prestigious global awards programme.
More evidence of success:
- Design for Asia Awards 2017: OPEN HOUSE won the prestigious Design For Asia Grand Award for Winning Ideas and Innovative Designs, the flagship programme of the Hong Kong Design Centre, celebrating design excellence and acknowledging outstanding designs with Asian perspectives.
- Asian Bookstore Forum 2018: OPEN HOUSE was selected as the Most Beautiful Bookstore for 2017 at the Asian Bookstore Forum 2018 in Chengdu, China.
- Good Design Awards 2018: OPEN HOUSE was awarded the Good Design Award 2018 (G Mark) from the Japan Institute of Design Promotion (JDP).
- MAPIC Awards 2018: OPEN HOUSE received the award for Best Leisure Concept in a Retail Space.
- 2018 International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Asia-Pacific Shopping Center Awards: OPEN HOUSE was the Gold Winner under the Retail Concept category.